The best way to achieve a beautiful smile is by maintaining it. However, sometimes our teeth just need a little extra boost. And reaching for an at-home teeth whitening kit is the perfect solution!
However, while you want to rid your chompers of stains caused by your everyday coffee, many brands of standard teeth whitening routines are not intended to be used every day. So with this in mind, how often should you whiten your teeth? GO SMILE has the answers, plus the teeth whitening products to give you the best smile possible.
What Happens When You Whiten Too Much?
While lower concentrations of peroxide are perfectly safe, excessive teeth whitening can cause issues and other side effects, such as:
- Sensitive Teeth – While GO SMILE takes pride in our sensitivity-free products, there’s still a limit to what your teeth and gums can handle.
- Gum Inflammation – Some people can have an allergic reaction and experience red or bleeding gums.
- Thinning Enamel – Excessive teeth whitening can also cause thinning enamel, which gives your teeth a transparent blue tinge.
How Often You Can Whiten Your Teeth
Each at-home teeth whitening system is different, so it’s critical to follow the package instructions to reach the shade you want. Typically, most at-home whitening kits help you achieve pearly whites somewhere between seven and 14 days. However, once you reach the desired shade, it’s best to stop and use maintenance to keep them bright. At, GO SMILE, we recommend using whitening products to touch up your teeth every three months thereafter. Many of GO SMILE’s products are so effective that you won’t need to worry about whitening anytime soon.
Here are a few examples of GO SMILE’s teeth whitening products and how often you should whiten your teeth with them. One great feature of GO SMILE products is that many are so safe you can use them on an ongoing basis!
Blue Light Teeth Whitening Kits
GO SMILE’s blue light devices can accelerate the whitening process significantly. And from the Sonic Blue Teeth Whitening Kit to the On The Go Sonic Blue Teeth Whitening Kit, you can feel free to use them every day. They are that safe! Check out the Glow on the Go blue light device for a compact, travel-friendly whitening product.
GO SMILE’s patented Ampoule Technology allows you a travel-friendly alternative like the teeth whitening pen, as opposed to bulkier at-home teeth whitening kits. With an airtight applicator, the serum is protected, preserving the potency until you apply it. And all you have to do is flip it open, snap open the applicator and apply it directly to the tooth’s surface. Lastly, give it 20 minutes before rinsing, eating or drinking.
Extreme White can be used twice a day for up to seven days. Once you get the pearly whites you desire, then you can touch up your teeth every three months thereafter. Stain erasers can also be used every day to help maintain a white smile.
Toothpaste and Gels
Keep in mind that if you plan to transition to GO SMILE products after using a different brand, you will need to wait a few weeks. Giving your teeth and gums this time can help to minimize the risk of sensitivity. If you still have discomfort, give it a few more days and try the GO SMILE product again.
Meanwhile, you can get a jumpstart on your teeth whitening routine by brushing with our luxury toothpaste or our teeth whitening gel, as these are perfectly safe and can be used at any time.
Not sure where to start? Check out our best-sellers kit and try them all.
Make Your Whitening Regimen Last Longer
As mentioned, one of the most practical ways to make your teeth whitening routine last longer is by maintaining it. Here are a few ways you can extend the investment of your teeth whitening kit and keep your smile looking good as ever.
- Drink Water – After eating or drinking dark-colored foods and liquids like coffee or red wine, drink water to rinse away the compounds that can stain your teeth.
- Drink Through a Straw – When you do drink dark-colored liquids, use a reusable straw to bypass your teeth’s enamel entirely. This goes for iced coffee drinks, too. Just because it’s a creamy, lighter color doesn’t mean the coffee portion is not staining.
- Use a Whitening Toothpaste – Be sure to brush with a whitening toothpaste whenever you can. Luckily, GO SMILE’s whitening toothpastes can be used every day.
- Get Regular Dental Cleanings – Keep on top of your dentist visits and get regular screenings to ensure your teeth are good and healthy.