TEETH WHITENING MISTAKES:
1. Going to a beauty salon or other unauthorized shop that offers to whiten your teeth. Surprisingly, many salons now offer teeth whitening and they are most often NOT equipped to handle it safely or properly. Always double-check with your dentist to make sure the technology you choose to use is safe!
2. Using harsh chemicals agents: When you have crowns, implants or veneers, using high-intensity beaches can damage those expensive dental implants.
3. Eating or drinking during or right after the whitening procedure: Without waiting the proper amount of time, the saliva dissolves the whitening product, making the often expensive practice ineffective.
4. Using CHEAP whitening kits: You get what you pay for. Super cheap whitening kits can contain dangerous combinations of chemicals including: Chlorine Dioxide which is used for cleaning pools. This will damage your enamel and that would make your teeth even more susceptible to staining. It can also severely burn your gums.
5. Trying natural whiteners found in your home: Over the years, people have tried virtually everything to whiten their teeth. Some of them are: Table salt or coarse salt, charcoal and even chalk. Most of these prove to be more abrasive and damaging than anything else.
HERE ARE MORE MISTAKES THAT PEOPLE MAKE WHEN ATTEMPTING TO WHITEN THEIR TEETH.
6. Using whitening trays that don’t fit. Unless you are paying extremely expensive prices to have a dentist custom make a dental tray for you, most dental trays are ill-fitting at best and allows the saliva to wash away any active ingredients before they have had any actual chance to work.
7. Not cleaning your teeth before whitening. Leftover food debris, plaque and bacteria can negate the entire process of teeth whitening. Always brush your teeth before whitening!
8. Over using whitening strips: This may seem like an affordable way to whiten your teeth (or not…those strips can get pretty expensive!); however, there is a definite risk involved in how often you use them and how long you keep them on. Using them too often or too long, puts your teeth in danger of increased sensitivity.
9. Using Baking Soda. Many people use baking soda as a way to clean their teeth and make them whiter, but it isn’t necessarily a good option. Baking soda can scrub the surface of your teeth weakening the enamel and increasing sensitivity.
10. Using Acidic whiteners, such as lemon juice or apple cider vinegar can do the same type of damage as baking soda – These home remedies can cause enamel erosion, which puts you at a higher risk for cavities. The ADA lists lemons and other citrus, acidic fruits as among the top 9 foods that can damage teeth.
THE SOLUTION: GO SMILE
GOSMiLE is the answer to the vast number of ineffective and hard to use whitening products on the market. We understand that teeth are porous, so food and drinks can stain not only the surface of teeth, but beneath the enamel too. Brushing alone—even with a “whitening” toothpaste—won’t remove those stains.
You need a whitener with peroxide, which releases ions that safely penetrate teeth to whiten thoroughly. Many teeth whitening products don’t contain any or enough peroxide.
GO SMILE has spent years perfecting formulas that contain the right amount of peroxide to dramatically whiten your teeth, without the mess or sensitivity of competing teeth whitening products.
There are no expected side effects to using GO SMILE whiteners. Unlike other whitening products, GO SMILE whiteners caused virtually no sensitivity are perfect for any one who wants a cleaner, brighter and whiter smile!